Lead Mobile Engineer
1+ year project in the Bay Area of California. Candidates must be available/local to the Bay Area/San Francisco/San Jose Area and available for in-person interview per client request.
Mobile Games, Unity3D Game, C# and either Java or Objective-C
As Lead Mobile Engineer, you will help lead the client development of a cross-platform (Android / iOS) framework that will support social engagement through shared gameplay. This position works closely with art, design, and production team members. This role is responsible for leading all client architecture, execution, and tools needed to deliver new gaming features. You will work with the tools team, prototyping team, and core framework team to help improve the products content pipeline and game code. You will have a critical eye for improvements across our application technology and process: workflow, code quality, stability, and performance.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Lead the client engineering team under the guidance of the Director of Engineering.
- Propose, architect, and deliver features with a team of cross-platform engineers.
- Help enforce coding standards, monitor code quality and performance to ensure the product runs optimally on all target devices.
Other responsibilities include:
- Contribute features and functionality to the core framework, tools, and game.
- Identify and propose solutions to potential roadblocks as the product is developed.
- Resolve issues specific to Android and/or iOS builds.
- Contribute game ideas, visual concepts, and overall thoughts on the game throughout development.
- Minimum of 8 years (3+ as a lead) developing mobile based games.
- 2 years of Unity3D Game development experience targeting mobile platforms.
- Strong C# and either Java or Objective-C development experience.
- Experience with technical issues related to multiplayer mobile gaming - synchronization, intermittent connectivity, client/server, dead reckoning, user accounts, etc.
- Familiarity with Android and/or iOS specific development tools, IDEs, profilers, etc.
- Experience with cross-platform development environments with shared codebases.
- At least 3 shipped games on either Android or iOS mobile devices.
- Willing and able to enforce and write clean, maintainable code.
- Willing and able to work under tight deadlines to deliver products / prototypes on time.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skill.
- Can work on site in Mountain View
Must be authorized to work in the US